Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Calendar - Christmas Cards

Prompt for December 4 – Christmas Cards
Did your family send cards? Did your family display the ones they received? Do you still send Christmas cards? Do you have any cards from your ancestors?


 My mother was always very good about sending out Christmas cards, although I think it was always a chore. We always displayed up the cards that we received - usually hanging them around the doorway into the living room where we had the Christmas tree. I still send out a few Christmas cards, but the number has reduced significantly over the years. I remember making linoleum block print cards one year which was fun. I saw some copies of these cards at my Dad's house, but I don't have any images of them.

If nothing else, these Advent Calendar blogging prompts make me realize that I have not done a great job documenting some things in my life for future generations...

© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment