Friday, December 10, 2010

Advent Calendar - Christmas Gifts

Prompt for December 10 – Christmas Gifts
What were your favorite gifts, both to receive and to give? Are there specific gift-giving traditions among your family or ancestors?

My family spent a lot of time outside and I always enjoyed giving and receiving outdoor gear. My favorites were sleds, cross-country ski equipment, snowshoes, fly fishing gear, outdoor clothing, backpacking equipment and books.Tools are another favorite gift to receive and give. I remember saving and buying an high quality set of screw drivers for my Dad one Christmas. I often received some item related to cross-country skiing because that was/is one of my favorite sports.


I don't recall any specific gift-giving traditions in my family or by my ancestors.

© 2010, copyright William C. Haskell

No comments:

Post a Comment